Bought a cheap trans pressure tester. $28 on amazon. Total Garbage. Gauge needle jammed when it went to 125psi (on 300psi gauge). Found another gauge I was able to adapt it to my needs. Redid the tests and got the following:

I’m getting the following pressures
--------------------------------Front Servo-----Rear Servo--------Acum. Port
Throttle valve--------------Front---Rear----Front----Rear----Front----Rear
Manual 1st gear-----------0---------0---------75-------110------75--------110
Manual 2nd gear-----------0---------0---------0---------0--------75---------105
Drive-------------------------90--------125------0--------0---------90--------125
Reverse ---------------------20--------20---------------------------------------------
Neutral---------------------- 75--------75---------------------------------------------

The gov pressure is running about 1.7-1.9 x the MPH or about 60 psi @ 30mph with the throttle valve off (front) didn’t test it with it forward. This is double what the FSM recommends but maybe the transgo kit changes that?

Before I drop the pan and change out what is probably a mushroomed piston (thanks Guitar Jones!) I was hoping I might narrow down some other possible problems. Like I said earlier, it is rushing 2nd gear and going to 3rd real quick and doesn’t like downshifting. Shifts are pretty soft also. I didn’t drill out the shift hardness hole much on the transgo kit to help ease the shock loads on the driveline, but I didn’t think it would be this soft.