Last night I was at dinner with some MoPar racing friends of mine. We discussed this post.
Both of them have Danas, one hasn't hit it with enough power YET. (he will soon) The other has a car similar to mine in power, trans brake, etc. he hasn't had any problems with his 60.
He bought the whole thing from Strange ready to go. So they must've set his gears properly.
When I built mine I was backhalving the car and going from 83/4 which I was breaking on a regular basis, especially when I went to a transbrake, even with a backbraced housing, tight setup etc!
I liked the drop out center of the 8.75, Rob @ LRT was doing the backhalf, suggested the fab 9 housing, I have had good service from Strange equipment so now I have 2 centers a spare or I can easily change to experiment.
The moral to the story is; I think either will work fine if they are setup properly!
You already have a Dana and if you know what ratio works best for your combo, stick with it and get it setup properly. I am sure you will have plenty of trouble free runs as others have!! Don

5043865-goodlaunch07.jpg (49 downloads)