Basically, I've got a rotten rear window area from a vinyl top. I pulled the top off and surveyed the damage. I wan't to do as little fab work as I can, and I'm already budgeting a new roof skin. I've got the following problems:

THE BAD

Roof skin needs replacement (pinholes and previous bondo repairs) There is no getting around this. I'm happy the roof is available new.
Rear window frame is rusty at the lip, filler pannel is full of bondo and extensions leading to the trunk have body filler.
Lower portion of the A pillars has rust and is shot.
The rivets for the vinyl top rusted out. Area above the quarter is rusty. The C pillar below the roof skin and up to the edge of the window on the bottom is bad.

The good:

The car has been sealed with a cruddy enamel paint job for years.
Engine bay is rust free as well as fenders and its painted.
Trunk floor is new.
Rockers were replaced years ago.
Floor panels are new.
No frame rot.
Rear quarter skins are new from several years ago. Goodmark pieces.
Bottom of front windshield frame is rust free. Cowl has no rot.

Everywhere that there is a hole, was full of body filler. I knew that the car had bondo, and that there was rust under the top but this was overdone.

It looked pretty until I started poking holes in it. I'm going to strip back all around to fresh metal. Once I get all the parts, I'm going to find a shop that only wants to do the top half of the car and do a basic paint job.

Can someone here post their experiences with these replacement panels?

I'm looking at buying the following to address the top.

Roof Skin

Pair of Drip Rails

Deck filler panel

Deck filler support

Deck Filler Patch Set

Lower rear window frame

Currently searching for salvaged A Pillars and lower C pillar sections. This and the new AMD stuff will get me 90% of the rotten metal fixed.

Any experience is appreciated.

IMG_0412.JPGIMG_0419.JPGIMG_0421.JPG
Last edited by AlexP; 05/23/17 07:12 PM.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.