Yep. I can't let good parts go to waste when my car needs them.

I drove to New Orleans from Houston last Friday. Got up early Saturday and got to work.

The car was a total loss in Hurricane Katrina. Was flooded up to the doors for a while. There was nothing left on the lower 8 inches of the car. Frame was gone. It had also been picked apart over the years.

Literally all that was left was the roof.

We started by cutting back the quarters, and cutting out the deck filler panel because it was no longer solid. I really needed the c pillars down to the body line and as much of the front and rear glass surrounds as possible.

[/URL]

This is what was left after we cut the roof back.

[/URL]

And then the complete roof section on the trailer.

[/URL]

I took some of the emblems and the side scoops to donate to another member here, but now the car has been scrapped. Nothing is left except for what I have.

Next thing up is for me to strip the roof down, drill the spot welds and release the lead bond.

I'll then use the C pillars and windshield surrounds as patch panels for my car and refit the glass around those a few times til it fits right.

I need to buy the rear corner window patch panels and a new rear window frame lower lip.

Who wants to come over and help me weld?

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.