It's not a 360!!! It's a 5.9 mag. There is enough different between the Mag motors and LA motors that the Mags deserve their own monicker.

Here's the biggest question of all...How many trips towing per year and how many miles per round trip?

If it's something like three trips per year for distance of 200 miles or so, the 5.9 Mag will get the job done. You'll just have to drive in the slow lane, although with a jacked up Ramcharger I can't see you doing anything other than that.

A short wheelbase rig like a Ramcharger is too easy for the trailer to steer. When the trailer starts steering, your control goes right out the window. Thank God for electric trailer brakes.

This summer I took a trip in a low mileage Ram 2500. I mostly drove between 70 and 80, with no excursions off the highway. For the whole trip I averaged 13.8 mpg. That's with the bed empty and the tires inflated properly.

There is a whole lot of parts changing, swapping smallblock for bigblock.

I have made several tows over 1000miles using a 318-powered D100. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, and every time I come back from one of those trips, I say never again, It isn't just the semis passing on the uphill, it's also white knuckle time the whole distance.

R.