Originally Posted By fastmark
If the above wiper motor came out of that box, then why are the dates codes on the motor and box different? The wiper motor I had restored by Bill looks more like that one than the two I have had restored at other places. They are so shinny, that they glow. The biggest difference I see in my restored motors from my OEM and the ones Bill did is that the numbers are very shallow. Especially the numbers in the middle. They are almost polished flush. I'll try to post my pictures but I may not have time today and I'm going out of town for the weekend. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest here, just pointing out some things I have observed in the work I have had done.

You are right Fastmark, about 40 day's later...One thing is certain, that motor came in that box and was nos. This would not be the first time that Chrysler messed up. Regarding the number being not as sharp in the middle, Many are originally like that in fact the tool used back then seems to make the numbers at each end more deep and crisp than the one in the middle. So if the barrel needs to be polish and most likely they will, obviously the number will become less crisp and deep specially in the middle , unless the client is willing to live with the pits and scratches. Over the year I have seen hundred of wiper motor and for sure some have crisper font than other so that also play a role.

20170518_144350.jpg20170518_144434.jpg