Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
Let me break it down for you. The factory, not the dealership sets the retail prices for the parts, yet you hate the dealership for that. Why is it that it's OK for every other business to turn a profit (including whatever it is that you make a living at) except for a dealership? Do you know what it costs for one person for one day at Disney World? Over $100, and that is OK. You have no idea what it costs to run a dealership.

If you have someone come to your house and fix your A/C and they charge you $2000, that's OK, or $750 to fix your garage door. You're offering them iced tea and whatever. But charge someone $300 to fix the A/C in their car and you're a ripoff. Why is that? I turned 67 hours worth of work in the 50 hours I worked this week. I must be ripping people off right? Well, figure I don't get overtime, sick days or holiday pay. I worked on eight cars this week and not one of those customers paid a single dime and they got a free rental car. How do I sleep at night ripping peoples heads off like this?

And lastly if you knew what you were doing you would have already had the truck fixed instead of spending 3 days here whining that you can't find the bolts. If you had taken it to the dealership it would have been done 3 days ago.

It's nothing personal, I am just tired of the constant vitriol spewed at dealerships. I work hard, I take pride in my work, I am highly trained and well equipped. I do not try to sell unneeded repairs. I am good at what I do, like many, many other dealership employees. Are there bad dealerships? Sure, but show me just one field that doesn't have bad apples.

Sorry, rant over.
[/b][b]

Yes,

I feel you are ripping people off. DO 50 hours worth of work and charge 67? Dealership doesn't care because they are passing it on to the customer. No one is forcing you to stay at that job. Go find one that offers benefits, you dont have to stay there. And you wonder why people think dealerships are over priced. This right here is why the dealership has to charge more because you are inflating the work you are doing. This is the very reason unless the work is under warranty I wont go back to the dealership. Even then I hate it, because in my limited experience 90 % of the time, they have no clue. The very reason I learned to work on cars.

If I have a guy at work that lies about his hours, he gets fired. Flame on.