When I restored my 68 RR several years ago I took my manual box apart - mostly to just clean it up and check it out. The seals and such looked to be in good shape since it only had 10K mileage on the car before it was parked long term. When I reassembled the box I worked the adjustment nut on top to take out the play as per the FSM. Once I got the car on the road again I had the typical slop at the center of the steering that most manual cars have. To be honest, it is most annoying when I first take the car out and after a while I adjust to the slop but still annoying. Both of the prime steering companies (S&G, FF) claim that their units will not have the dead spot so I'm good with buying a better unit than what I have. From reading the old threads on here I think that the 16:1 box is a bit much for the car but is the 20:1 noticeably different than the stock 24:1? I will never parallel park this car and it is not a daily driver.
So other than the extra effort in and out of the neighborhood, how it the 20:1 on the highway ramps, or medium speed maneuvering? No one in my immediate area has this ratio so not able to take a test drive.
The vehicle is a 68 RR with a 426/727. I'm 6 foot, 225 lbs so body strength is not an issue.
Any experience with 20:1 and a B-Body?

rr resize.JPG