I have to update the bad along with all the good that went on so early this season.
I made/saved enough money to go to Vegas for the Div. 7 event and the Spring Fling bracket race. I had a tough time converting the car back to the stop but ended up with a trip zip light and an 11.033 on the 11.05 index on my last time trial. The perfect light gave me a 1st rd. bye and I was -.009 (adding .010 to the box)dead 3. I added another .015 to the box which was more in line with what I had used in the box previously and went .020 and won a double breakout with another 11.033 on the brakes. Al and I talked about the weather coming to me and leaving it ALONE. NO adjustments necessary. 3rd rd. I was .013 and 11.040 again on the brakes winning a double breakout. 4th rd. Al and I talked about the setup being perfect and me being one of the two remaining cars that could go 140. I did the burnout and thought about the previous light being a .013. I looked over at the Mega 450 and said to myself "let's try for a .010." So I took .003 out of the box and that's where my lucky streak ended because I was...
You guessed it....003 RED!!! I was soooo MAD at myself. mad
I just had to touch it! Couldn't trust the process and my good friend. Thanks again Al for leaving the light on and everything you helped with at the track. Sorry I let you down bro.
On to the Fling and the car torched the head gasket between cyls. 4-6 adding insult to injury and now I've missed 3 points races at Sacramento (4 total) where I'm leading the Super Pro points. Don't know when I'll get around to fixing the car as I am still pretty disgusted with myself. Maybe I'll just pull the motor and go through everything and start again next year. It was fun while it lasted though.