It now appears that machine shop that changed out Ede head springs for beehives was unable using ,060 spring seats to achieve Comp Cams and Ede recommended install spring heights using Ede supplied original keepers.

Therefore being unable to gain the distance required to achieve recommended 1.85 spring height, instead of using +.050 keepers, they elected to go to a much thinner spring seat,,,and still yet in at least a couple of valves, perhaps more to come, still unable to obtain minimum .060 clearance before coil bind possibility. As I noted in another posting, this was a small town shop which likely had little experience in performance engines and technology, although I say again his heart was in the right place for the customer. Valve trains as I have learned require much hands on wisdom and experience that most have yet to achieve. Even the techs at the major vendors appear to often get it wrong, many will agree.

Is this more or less your assessment and what started this cascade of events.

Would you offer your recommended method on how best to remove and replace valve oil control seals? Are they reusable once removed, or must they replaced with new?
Is their a favorite model or brand you recommend. I already have a complete set of Comp Cams shims,,,15, 30, and 60 thousandths.

Not certain if I am up to replacing all spring shims and valve oil seals right now unless you deem critical. Been dealing with a somewhat serious low back issue, in fact have a procedure scheduled for 7:15 am tomorrow.

I would go back in and do it correctly later.

Thank you

Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 05/04/17 03:32 PM.