# 3 intake, one of failed lifters. Uncompressed spring. 2.45 inches All 4 springs that I have measured come in very close to this. 2.479, 2.485, etc. CC number 26120.

Seat load spec for beehive from CC is 155 pounds at 1.88 inch. I measure with desk top tester at 160 pounds.

Open load spec is 377 at 1.280 inches. I measure 372 pounds.

Coil bind spec is 1.230 inches.

My CC cam 23-713-9 intake lift is .549' exhaust lift is .544.

With these numbers one can readily calculate the slight possibility of very marginal coil bind if install height of this valve is only 1.835,,,which it was,,,instead of spec of 1.88. It apparently can occur just a few thousandths under the minimum requirement of .060 as recommended for street use. Perhaps a hundred thousandths for racing activities.

I have found this less than .060 error on 2 valves so far. Interestedly caused I suspect not because of erroneous install height measurements by the machinist who installed the springs. I suspect more an issue of close enough for government work.

I say this because it appears that valve spring seat shim appears to be less than 20 thousandths thick,,,so would be of little consequence if install height was from above the shim or above the head surface.

Additional evidence as outlined below.

Number 1 cylinder intake installed height came in at 1.85 inch, measured 150 pounds.

Therefore no corrective action with +.050 keeper required. So kept original so as not to lose seat or open spring pressure.

Right now fighting problems when compressing springs to remove keepers,,,they often do not wish to release. Been smacking with a brass hammer,,,hitting with a 11/16 socket,,,etc. compress valve down to where it hits piston. Still no go. The eventually let go. Any tips appreciated

More to come as I move thru all valves. Happily not paying someone an houly rate.