Originally Posted By mickm
Originally Posted By 62maxwgn
Originally Posted By mickm
New to Holleys. I've just put a six pack on the engine, and A/F at WOT is in the mid-low 12's, cruise at low 13's. Seems ripe for a jet change. I have 66's in there now, and a set of 62's, is that too far to go to try and move that WOT up to about 13.0:1?

With all the comments in your initial post,unless I missed it you never stated what cam,as far as 62's I think you will be lean with a 540 cu in motor at WOT.As far as what Cab posted,the replacement carbs are exceptionally lean and I think you stated you never did anything with the outboards.

I expected to be very lean as well, but the A/F meter is showing otherwise. I put 66's in as a recommendation from someone who know's six packs, although I really should have left it alone with the 62's and just started with that as a base.

The cam is a solid roller, 248/255 .604/.582, 112 LSA, installed at 110 Centerline.

For this engine I want to be 12.8-13.2 at WOT, so whatever it takes to get there.

I will check again, but last time I had the idle doing well. Smooth idle, outboard carbs adjusted correctly, i.e. cover up the transfer slot and no change in RPM.

When you say outboard carbs adjusted correctly,what did you actually do ?