Originally Posted By 62maxwgn
Originally Posted By mickm
New to Holleys. I've just put a six pack on the engine, and A/F at WOT is in the mid-low 12's, cruise at low 13's. Seems ripe for a jet change. I have 66's in there now, and a set of 62's, is that too far to go to try and move that WOT up to about 13.0:1?

With all the comments in your initial post,unless I missed it you never stated what cam,as far as 62's I think you will be lean with a 540 cu in motor at WOT.As far as what Cab posted,the replacement carbs are exceptionally lean and I think you stated you never did anything with the outboards.

I expected to be very lean as well, but the A/F meter is showing otherwise. I put 66's in as a recommendation from someone who know's six packs, although I really should have left it alone with the 62's and just started with that as a base.

The cam is a solid roller, 248/255 .604/.582, 112 LSA, installed at 110 Centerline.

For this engine I want to be 12.8-13.2 at WOT, so whatever it takes to get there.

I will check again, but last time I had the idle doing well. Smooth idle, outboard carbs adjusted correctly, i.e. cover up the transfer slot and no change in RPM.

Last edited by mickm; 04/14/17 07:12 PM.