2 things that some people skimp on. I insisted on these when planning and building my shop and I am so glad I did. I spent my life working in places that were like ovens with not enough outlets, welding receptacles or amperage.

Electrical. I don't want to say what I spent. 40x52 shop. About 16 quad 110 electrical outlets distributed throughout with plenty of 220 plugs also, both 30 and 50amp. Custom built florescent fixtures with 96 4' T8 bulbs on the ceiling. Switched to allow some or all to be on, depending on needs. Planned and positioned to eliminate dark spots or shadows out against the walls. White ceiling and walls to spread the light around. Wish we would have done the floor in white epoxy. Maybe later It's so nice to be able to see what you're doing.

Central A/C. Temperature and humidity controlled. Plenty of insulation. Ceiling fans. 'Nuff said.

9k Rotary lift, windows on the southern exposure for natural light, nice audio system with Sirius. Would have liked to do radiant heat in the floor, but I had to chose my priorities. Also have a half bath roughed in but not finished. We also need to add some separate but attached storage to get parts and equipment not being used out of the workspace. Too busy working to get that stuff done.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 04/14/17 02:37 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.