Originally Posted By cudaman1969
Like I said, oil stays oil, only the added stuff falls out. Even oil that has water, once heated, will evaporate out.

This afternoon at work, before I posted on this thread.

I took a 27 year old quart of Unocal76 20W-50 sealed and opened it and poured it into a white clean 3 gallon pail. I did it very carefully and checked it out several times as I was pouring it. There was absolutely no separation whatsoever and there was nothing on the bottom of the plastic quart container after at least 25 years of sitting in my work garage and I bet it sat in a warehouse somewhere before I got it.

I work at/own a oil company and we stopped selling/retailing motor oil at about 1990. I have been using our old stock ever since. Most of that old stock was from the late 80s.

I don't normally stop and scrutinize the oil as it comes out of the container but I did today.
27+year old oil, have built at least 3 old mopar motors with this oil and have never lost a new cam or any cam with it. All my motors are still running today that I built using this oil.

I also used cases and cases of 15-20 year old rotella in heavy duty diesel engines for millions of miles with no problems. Have never lost a motor. Ran 16800 hours on the last in frame overhaul and the first 10000 hours were on old oil.