Originally Posted By chargervert
For me it cost a lot more money to put a nose on a 70 Charger R/T than it does to buy a disc brake up grade kit. Just go watch some of the original roadtests of these cars that Bud Linderman did on Road and Track. I saw one on a 71 383 4 speed Challenger that the car went completely sideways under hard braking just like my friends Charger did.

Quote:
I was on my way to a Mopar show,and a friend of mine was following me to the show in his 71 Charger R/T. Some dope pulled right out in front of me and I had to lock up my brakes. I heard my friend lock up his brakes,and looked in my side mirror hoping he wouldn't hit me. Instead of him hitting me,his car was completely sideways in the road. After that incident he installed a rear disc brake kit from SSBC,and the car stopped straight and in a lot shorter distance than it did before.

The reason the cars went sideways is because the rear wheels locked up. That is because they had too much rear brake.

The rear disc kits solve your problem by either being less powerful or they use a proportioning valve to adjust bias.

Kevin