Originally Posted By Mopar Mitch
The most critical issue with CAM class is to get your weight down... a Mopar TB suspension can do just fine and be highly competitive... I hope to someday get to the SCCA Nats... I used to attend in national competition running FS and ESP.... the ESP class is great... with some of the BEST ever historical competition for our pony/muscle cars, however, recently there has been some of the import cars (Subarus, Nissans, etc) classified and entering ... and they shouldn't be in that class of ESP... they are much smaller and physically advantaged in their handling over most all the America pony cars.

CAM class is also great... allowing engine mods etc... it was originally intended to attract the Pro-Street surge of cars. True reality is, that a well-setup ESP car can blow away most all Pro-Street cars.

I'm sure you meant "Pro-Touring" though I'd like to see the owners reaction to being tagged "Pro-Street" smile
And I agree completely with your post!

A properly setup CAM car will be almost like an SCCA C/Prepared car, except ~street legal.