Originally Posted By mopar dave
The hard block may or may not cause any cooling issues from the responses I received on here. some good and some not so good. I took another look in the block yesterday and the fill is 2 1/2" from the deck. Once up and running and tuned I will start venturing out around town then a trip to my fathers about 80 miles and if theres no issues with the cooling at that point it can be driven any where. I figure since I have the fan and pump, why not try them before spending anymore than I have too. If it wont cool, then go for the electric fans and maybe water pump. seems like the smartest thing to do. If ya have the parts already why not try them first.
Got an oil temp gauge? If not, I would install one. You won't have a water coolant problem. Shroud can be found on any 77 - 79 Cordoba. Pic is of my 79. It's the stock shroud on a Griffin aluminum Rad. Actually ran that shroud with multiple engine and fan applications. Pic is of a NA small block (street application) making about 350 - 400 HP. Same shroud as in other pic but with a 16" electric fan bolted to the outer edge of the shroud. You can see the Capillary tube ( going in to the upper rad hose ) and the on off fan controller in the lower left of the pic. New, but stock rad. Not totally trouble free, but did ok on the street at that power level ( barely ) and car ran high 11's. No way it was going to handle a 650 HP blown application on the street. This is just my experience and there is a lot more than just the fan ( mechanical or electric ) to making the system work in any given application. I don't have a hard on for electric fans, just think they are over portrayed as the end all to be all - with no down sides - and they aint. Please don't get me started on electric water pumps. I do like Ewectwic Gitars. smile

electric fan.jpg

Fastest 300