Originally Posted By davenc
Originally Posted By jbc426

The problem you are going to have is that no one makes an intank pump that flows a significant volume of fuel at low pressure. There are some low volume, low pressure pumps out there, but they barely pump enough to feed a healthy carbureted motor.

JBC426,

Can you explain this more? If I look at the TanksInc website, the GPA-4 pump chart there indicates the pump can do 72GPH below 10PSI at 12VDC. Why won't that work with a high power carburated application? I understand you would need a return style regulator.

That is one of the higher, low pressure GPH rated pumps I've heard of. I'm shooting for just over 700hp and the smallest pump I'd consider running flows 160 GPH, which the pump manufacturer claims will support 800 HP. The 10 HP per GPH formula they are using seems optimistic to me.

One thing to keep in mind is that the pump you are referring to will be running at max output at all times in a bypass system. This introduces heat and accelerated pump wear. One of the reasons I picked the pump I did was due to the two speed function of the pump. Fuelabs makes the pump, and it is their lowest output model.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)