Quote:

Quote:

Jay - Al's issue was just a plug wire. Car is good. Laid down an 8.50 in 5,000 feet of air. That car is a beast.

WhEw!...that's good to hear. I'm thinking the added altitude probably calmed the car down some on the launch too.

Wonder if Chris made it with his new bullet?

.....just getting ready to go to work for a bit when I should be rubbing elbows with moparts finest at the Skillet!

Yep, I made it. The first pass with the new motor, was an 8.69 @ 159, but, the car felt like it was a slug.
We didn't have a chance to scale the car, blah,blah,blah. The car, however, would not weight transfer at all. I switched the front shock settings, and it hit the bar, but, the motor was still not working at all. I went through the lights at only 8000 RPM, and this motor should be going through the lights in the neighborhood of 9500-9800.
To put it in a nutshell, this motor felt like it had a governor on it, on every pass, as the rear gear is WAYYYYY off. (It will need 5.20 - 5.30 gear)

I do know this....Once the bugs are worked out of this car/motor combo, this thing is going to FLY.

Off to sleep, I am beat.