Originally Posted By Little Detroit
to northeastmopar: whats your point? The point of this website is for the restoration and perseveration of the hobby we all enjoy. I'm not really happy about defending GYC, but they have done nothing wrong, except maybe having a goof in the lead role of the show but that's entertainment I guess. in the process of entertainment they also step into some historical information as well as giving the novice such as yourself some idea of how to repair your vehicle if you don't have the knowledge. (which I devise by reading your post). Its my guess by your standards is that nothing should be repaired or it loses its name. I guess if the car doesn't have it's original motor it should be discarded. restoration is about preservation not the value of your car, but many have forgotten that. Money definitely has presence in this hobby that has now become an industry. Its the desire of preservation that has pumped life into this industry and the challenge's it brings. You have asked a lot of questions about vin #'s and their stampings, how would like it if GYC or any body would accuse you of trying to obtain information to make a blueprint on how to forge a car? unfortunately no matter what man makes for his enjoyment there will always be a criminal element trying to take a short cut to cash in on the rising value, such as art or even muscle cars. but that is no reason to try and place a black cloud over someone elses head. a good peace of of advise was given to me along time ago "Never try to make yourself look good by making someone else look bad" it doesn't last long and usually you will end up with that cloud over your head. be part of the solution not the problem

That is my point exactly. Thank You. Seems as though there are a lot of differing opinions on this subject. I was just using their car to make my point. And you are 100% correct, I don't think anybody should be trying to make themselves look better than anyone else on here. You point is one a share with you. As I really don't care what my car is worth to be honest. Unfortunately, some folks think because you ask a question, you are crooked. lol