My observation from over the years is that whatever you do with a restoration, someone is going to gripe about something on it.
You'll never win if you think you'll get everyone together on a consensus agreeing with what you do so don't waste your time worrying about it.
You do what makes you happy and if anyone doesn't like it, tell them to pound sand. twocents
I would be the first to agree that a inner fender looks wrong with a missing tag, but any "repro" tag is always going to be spotted by some experts too. So there is no perfect one size fits all answer.
The tag on my T/A was rusty by one of the holes, one code was indecipherable but it was apparent what it should be. I had tags backeast make a repro, and the original is stashed with my car's documentation. Some would say I should have put the tired tag back on the restored car, but then I wouldn't like the way it looked. If someone doesn't like it, tough, do what you think right on your restoration as I did on mine.
Trying to satisfy everyone is like herding cats, you say you are restoring your car for your own satisfaction, so do what you want with it that makes you happy. But without the original tag, or a picture or rubbing of it, you will never be able to duplicate everything that the tag should have on it either, so don't think anything you do if you do have a tag made, will be considered accurate. To that end and maybe expanding on JohnRRs point, you could put 0's on your made up tag in areas you don't know what was on the original, like for the SPD and VON, which would be a signal you weren't trying to make the tag into something someone could incorrectly think is "real". Rather, you were making a tag replicating just what you are fairly confident was on the original missing tag.