I don't recall what your cr is, but I dont know if I believe the bottom of the good part of the power curve will start at 3000rpm.
Over 4000 more likely, especially if the cr is on the low side for that much duration.

As for the timing, I'd lock it out..... Get it all warmed up..... And see how high it can be before fighting the starter.
Then I'd modify the distributor so I could start at whatever point that is, and end up at wherever I wanted the total advance to be.
My guess is I'd end up with initial at 30-ish, 36-38 total. Since it's a stick I'd use the lightest springs and the advance would pretty much just be there as a starting aid.
If I thought I really needed vacuum advance, I'd have it limited way down to about 5deg, and require a fair amount if vacuum to operate, so the only time it would function would be at part throttle cruise.
I wouldn't be using a pcv valve.

I don't know what your carb is, but it really should be something with 4-corner idle, and I'd likely end up with holes in all blades.

After it's got a few hundred miles on it, you may want to pull the carb and look down the intake ports with a bore scope/camera.
It might make you question that cam decision.

Dyno sheet:
10:1 446, rpm intake, 22deg @.050 less than your cam.

image.jpg

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads