Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Originally Posted By Jeremiah
Dwayne, do you mean checking for lift at the retainer with everything assembled to run? I'm still learning the lingo over here lol. We did check it and it was pretty close IIRC, I'll have to dig in my notes.

Yes, lift at the valve with full spring load and zero lash, divided by the actual lobe lift.
I realize this is actually checking the "system" net ratio, since there is deflection of other components besides the rockers, but IMO, unless the pushrods are seriously undersized the majority of the deflection will be in the rocker.

Just curious how rigid those rockers are, and whether any additional ratio was "built in" so the net loaded ratio was close to what they are supposed to be.
Some brands seem to have this, some don't.

What brand of rocker did you find that didn't have any additional ratio built into it? I bought some Norris rockers in 1999 and I had a full set of cranes and and MP ductile iron rockers. The Norris were 1.6 the others 1.5.

I was checking things out and with checker springs the Norris rockers had a ratio of about 1.68 so lift was above what it should have been. I don't remember the other numbers but they were also all greater than advertised.

Couldn't get Norris on the phone so I called Jesel and somehow got Wayne on the phone. From that point on I always check P/V with the springs I'm going to run. The flex is amazing.

BTW, all the rockers had the exact correct ratio when loaded with the springs I as running. What was stunning was once you get over about 130-140 on the seat, the flex is done.

Last edited by madscientist; 12/22/16 07:05 PM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston