Originally Posted By mopar346
Originally Posted By feets
Cooper Cobras suck.

And why is that, last too long, wear too well, grip too good, look too good? I have run them for years and have several sets now with no issues, they seem to last and wear pretty well and frankly they tend to hook well on good payment. Not sure what's not to like since they are very reasonably priced.

I bought a set of the Futuras from Pep Boys for the 69 RT in May before I drove it PA, no issues, road well and no appreciable wear. At $90 for a 275 I'll buy them again if white letters are not desired.

Yes, they last too long.

S and T rated tires are for granma cars that do cruise ins and are only driven to church on Sunday.

I expected some backlash on that statement because so many people have their favorites that I pooed all over.

The tires look good but that's it.

They do NOT handle well by any stretch of the imagination. If you think they do then you obviously have never tried a tire with a good construction and higher speed rating.

Lasting for decades is important to trailer queens. Lasting for a few good years is more important to those of us who use the capabilities of our cars.

If you think these things hook off the line then you either have an underpowered car or have never used a more aggressive tire.

You see, performance is like beauty. What you think is attractive I think is ugly. We likely have different wants and needs in tires. My plain old V6 FWD daily driver gets better tires than the bunch listed above because I enjoy driving and will use the car in a capacity that will exceed the abilities of those tires.

If you want to putter around a show field or make a cruise in then, by all means, use those tires.
Should you be the type that drives with any enthusiasm then you owe it to yourself to look into FAR more capable rubber for your ride.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon