Originally Posted By furious70
[quote=DAYCLONA]

What's this shift tower swap? I hate the way this thing operates currently, I can almost never get it to go into 3rd with any kind of gusto (far away from power shifting).

If you have a first generation shift tower it will be gold cad plated, the 2nd/3rd Gen towers were red/blue anodized, the fist gen towers were real crappy, no spring support, loose tolerances, ratchety shifting and often the shifter experienced "buzzsaw" vibration at various RPM's...As far as the 2-3 shift you can't force that, shifting a Tremec isn't like shifting a 833 4spd, you need to learn just how much you can get away with rowing the gears

Keisler is now owned by Silver Sport Transmissions, but the product is pretty much the same but with newer refinements and offerings, I'd talk to them to see if their shift tower is compatible, which I sure it still is, or appears to be...

if you do swap out the tower, it's just 2 Allen bolts, make sure the transmission is in neutral, unbolt the tower, bolt in the replacement, make sure the machined flat where the shifter handle bolts on is facing the driver's side when installed

Bottom pic is with shift tower removed, this is what the shift forks inside should look like in orientation when the tranny is in NEUTRAL position

Mike

shifttowerkeisler.JPGshifttowerkeisler22.JPG