Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By furious70
68 Charger, 440 with 484 cam, 4.10's and the Keisler 5spd. It was a pain to get right in the car and the thing shifts clunkier than a Getrag hooked to a cummins. It's also too much OD for the cam. In retrospect I really wish we had just put a Passion 4spdOD in it.

Sounds like you may have one of the earlier Keisler kits, you really need to remove some of the webbing on the transmission case that interferes with the floor crossmember, use a 4 spd hump, to get the transmission up into the tunnel to correct the driveline angle, and if you have a first generation shift tower, you need to upgrade to a 3rd gen tower for better shifting

I run a Keisler TKO 5spd .64 OD behind my 70 Charger 440 6 pack/450 HP, Dana 60 4:10, 27" tire, cam is a .470 with 1:6 rocker so in essence it's .520 lift and pulls fine in all gears, OD cruise RPM's are ideal for my set up, could be your cams duration that's killing your OD RPM's, one of the reasons I went with a smaller cam for shorter duration, but increased the lift with 1.6 ratio rockers

The kit was bought in 2008 or 2009, so maybe 'older'? And yes, the lumpy purple shaft is a poor choice but for doing what my dad wanted - that sound. The engine is happier in 4th @ 60mph than it is in 5th, really need to be going 70mph for it to be happy up in 5th, and it's really happy @ 80mph, which is fine when the commuting traffic is actually moving.

What's this shift tower swap? I hate the way this thing operates currently, I can almost never get it to go into 3rd with any kind of gusto (far away from power shifting).

70 Sport Fury
68 Charger
69 Coronet
72 RR