Originally Posted By mopar346
Originally Posted By feets
Don't use old pistons. You can make plenty of power with low compression. Save your pennies until you can do a proper build.

I wouldn't necessarily use unknown old pistons but I will use inspected old pistons in good shape. Pennies aren't a problem I keep them in the trunks of my AAR, GTS, RTs and several other cars for traction. As much as my cheap nature and a desire to build some things like we use to have to at 16, anyone can go to the Summit website and order pretty much any part of an engine or a car for that matter, it's more fun in my view to build something with minimal investment and in many cases used parts. I have built more than I can count, some blue printed in excess and some thrown together at the track on borrowed parts and a wing and a prayer.

The pennies comment was a generic thing. It wasn't intended as an insult to you personal finances.

Pulling engines isn't much fun. Get the most value for your time. Do it once and do it right. I'd much rather drive my car with complete peace of mind than to have a set of used pistons in a half-assed engine build popping into my head.

Proper pistons are relatively inexpensive and I'd rather spend my time doing something other than a second engine rebuild.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon