Now that I have gotten my Cuda back on the road (after being restored) and have put a few hundred miles on it I am now noticing a noise coming from the rear end.

The noise only happens when I make a right hand turn and it seems to happen only when the car seems to be swaying to the drivers side. It does not make the noise when I make a left hand turn and it does not always make the noise when I turn right (only sometimes).

The noise sounds like it is coming either from the 3rd member or the drivers side axel near the driver side rear wheel, hard to tell. The noise sounds like a clunking sound that seems to repeat while making the right hand turn but once the car straightens out it goes away. Again it only does it every so often.

Some background on the rear end. It is an 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears, sure grip. I had a rebuilt 3rd member (3rd member by Dr. Diff) put in the car 8 years ago and never had any issues or noise. This year the rear end was dis-assembled, cleaned, and painted as part of the restoration. The only things changed to it where the old original style bearings where replaced because the where worn and all the gaskets and seals were replaced. The other thing to note is that the bearings were replaced with a set of Dr. Diff green bearings.

I'm not sure what is causing this noise but I suspect either something was not re-assembed correctly or something is now out of adjustment. I'm kinda bummed because I suspect whatever it is the rearend will have to come apart to address this and after a full year of restoring this car I am flat out sick of working on it. Nevertheless it is what it is and I need to suck it up and get it fixed.

I know some of you folks here on the board know what this issue is so I need some advise on what to do to trouble shoot and fix this.

-Thanks

70 Cuda 340 4 speed - now stroked to 416ci (SOLD)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350