Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
As usual, people have a FEW facts and think they have it all figured out, but they don't. The race with the "Rusty Hook" is not what started it all, but contributed and yes a race was "locked in" but the date was never set for sure. The reason James didn't show up at race Justin was mouthing about was because the car was in MY shop and I didn't get it finished because my Dad died while I was working on the car. McDaniel basically said "not my problem" and went to trying to get his 15 minutes by harassing James.

The "security crew" was James brother who just happened to show up for the first time, because they were taping close to where he lived. Somebody said who is "that guy" and everyone started paying attention and playing it up. I was there that night, all that was shown was agged on and blown out of proportion for TV. It got around that he was ex military, special forces(which he is) and he was there to "handle" McDaniel and it went from there. He was only there to watch and they started following him around with a camera and McDaniel and others pushed the issue and actually confronted HIM.

ALL those guys help each other. After the "brother" debacle, Chief stated that if you were helping James, you were siding with a guy who brought "protection" to a race. He basically threatened them all if they helped James out. Then the next week, he chastised them all when James was lined up crooked and nobody spoke up to help him.

Chief brought James on to "shake up the list" and he has done that.........but also editing has not been kind to him at times and I am sure that's on purpose.

Like I said earlier, James is a great guy. He will help anybody anytime. He has loaned those guys, motors, trans, rears, tires and about anything else for them to make a taping. When he hires me to come to track with him, he tells all the others I will be there and they should come out. He always foots the bill for the track and my fee. The show where I helped Farmtruck was the private track rental when he blew up the trans. He called up Farmtruck and told him to get his azz out there if he wanted some help. When I was at his shop on chassis dyno, he called Derrick and told him to bring his car over so I could help him out. He's just a good guy

The reason he didn't run Chief the night after he jumped against Dave? The sun was about to come up. They had been there from 9pm to nearly sunup. He was TOLD to go tell Chief he was waiting 7 days because they didn't have time to get the race off. If you had ever been to a taping, you would know there is a LOT more time wasting going on than racing.......it's crazy. Usually at least an hour between runs, sometimes more

Wow would've never guessed that about goad. He acts all mean and
tough on the show.
Monte thanks again for your inside info.
Don