I have this 47 Dodge truck cab, hood, grill housings, and pickup box sides. Picture of the cab, other parts match the cab, but then other metal is in slightly better shape.

I have available, for the same money:

1) A complete 96 extended cab, short box, Dakota, V6, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive with a matching title. 170,xxx miles, runs well, moves, bad brake lines, ps hose leak, and a broken gas tank strap. The frame is crusty looking, but very solid (beat on it with a hammer). body pretty trash.

2) 96 Ram 5.9 magnum, auto, 2 wheel drive (was short box std cab), runs & moves, with a title. 155,xxx miles. This is a basic rusty cab, and hood/partial front clip (mostly engine protection)and a very clean frame and rear axle.
Both of these can be delivered to my house for $20 each (+ purchase price).

3) For exactly 1/2 the price: 91 Dakota, standard cab, long box V6 (runs rough, smokes) 5 speed, locked up rear axle matching title 173,xxx miles. Very nice clean frame. Cab is rusty, box rough. located closer to home, but would need to have towed (rear axle does not move) $40 towing charge.

As luck would have it, I can only buy 1 of the three at this time (actually it will be a squeeze to get one of the first two). I really only need the chassis and the drive train for the 47 truck build, and there is a rear axle to replace the locked up one sitting here. However, there is not another motor here. I know the older trucks fit nicely on the Dakota, but since I have no fenders, maybe the Ram would work.

I need to make a decision by tomorrow night, which one would you get? Gene

001.JPG