Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
What is your trailer rested for? I'm assuming 7K? What kind of rubber do you use on it and how long do you get out of a set of tires?

My open trailer is a 7000# trailer and is registered like that.

I have been running Goodyear marathon ST trailer tires for 25 years now. I run them at 10 PSI over what the sidewall says and tow up to 80 MPH for hours at a time. My trailers are not overloaded, has no extra tool boxes on the tongue or heavy wood kitchen cabinets inside.

Been over inflating my trailer tires by 10 psi forever now and have only had one blowout many years ago on a old open trailer with original tires. I do check them often for the correct PSI and can predict how often I have to add air. The seasons change the air pressures also. Do my best not to "curb" the tires also.

Checkout this trailer tech from the tire rack, it originally was written by Goodyear.

Link Be sure to read all the way to the bottom of the page.

I was told to over inflate my trailer tires by a local tire supplier who is right next door to my business, 25 years ago and it sure works I am here to say.

I get about 30-40000 miles out of my trailer tires. I do about 6-12 trips a year. Last set I got 44K miles out them.