Originally Posted By ahy
Is the Milodon pump the high volume version? If so is it matched with their high volume T stat which is recommended? Supposedly, the HV pump can push a regular stat closed. I have always run a HV stat with my old MP HV pump... and has worked fine.

Also a fairly common ~7" crank pulley will get you more water pump speed vs the current setup. May be worth trying the bigger crank pulley with the WP pulley you already have.

Another question about the fan/shroud. Could the fans and integral shroud be restricting air flow at speed? Hi po electric fans as used on the Viper, for example, have flaps on the shroud to allow air to flow through at speed and bypass the shroud. The older style shrouds for mechanical fans are big and open and don't seem to need the flaps.

It is the high volume WP & I didn't know about the thermostat......thanks. That's one part of the issue that may help cure this thing.
As to the fan/shroud issue......... The set-up was bought from Griffin as a complete unit, rad/shroud/fans, all together so I assume they know what they're doing. Part of the things the guys at Ron Davis noticed was that the Griffin set-up had gaps along all 4 edges between the shroud & the radiator. Their don't. They also felt the Spal fans weren't quite sufficient enough to cool something this big with this much hp.
Right now I've got the cooling system apart & am looking for the pulleys while Ron Davis is working on a radiator they feel will cool this thing. "Bouchillon has a 6 5/8 pulley which is the closest I've found so far, but it's almost $200. Seems a little high to me. And I've yet to find a water pump pulley anywhere near 5ins.
I need to get this sorted out fairly quick as the cruising "season" around here is going to be starting fairly soon and it'd be nice to use this thing more than 20 mins at a time........ grin