Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Wish I would have kept the 96 V10 Club Cab long box 2WD I bought new, but when the engine blew at 1000 miles I was soured even though the dealer put a new engine in right away. frown The other issue was I ordered it two tone white and aqua and it came in all aqua like my buddy's truck! tsk I did have another 2001 V10 5-speed which was a great driver, but it ran out of steam quickly with the 4.10 gears... shruggy

Sorry to hear.

The iron v10 fo' sure got no support from the aftermarket. Guess most were happy (or unhappy and got rid of them?)

I relate mine to a 488 ci. in. '2' barrel. it has no big hit when you floor it. Just seamless smooth power? An old Farmer I worked with when it was ordered could not believe I was ordering it with 3.5 gear? (he thought 4.56/4,88 would be his ideal)

She tips the scales at 6000 with me in it and is rev limited to 4850 RPM. (probably why it's still together 20+ years later)
I too have had great durability, new suspension, one serpentine a couple sets of plugs and a new clutch at 120,000 (thanks son) hits the rev limiter at a bit over 120 MPH in fourth.

My pup and I went on a mushroom expedition last spring up to N Michigan. We ran 80-85 and got 14 MPG. (180,000 on the clock)

My old bud had one for nearly as long and hauled a 6 horse with living quarters hay firewood and everything else. He said that old gas engine would "pass everything but a gas station".

He finally got a Cummins, but still has a glint in his eye when talking about his old v10.