Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
Quote:
I'll debate you on doing it every other year,been running them since the early 70's,A/B and C body,hardly ever had to touch them.Biggest issue is having someone doing one that isn't familiar with the adjustment procedure.There are about eleven steps,do a few out of sequence and you mess up the balance.As far as burning up,I have yet to see the first.This one on this 71 Dart went untouched for over 7 yrs.

This iagree

I can believe how much mis information is out there concerning these carbs, one of the, if not THE the most misunderstood and fantastic carburetor designs ever offered to the public.

Absolutely !!! . . . I have run the TQ on my Duster360 ever since I got the car way back in 84 !!! I picked up a 77 New Yorker, with 30k miles on it, all factory (Lean Burn - uggh), swapped out the lean burn for std Mopar electronic ignition, and a TQ from a 75 440 (I rebuilt this EXACTLY as the manual says) - the NYer, was hands down the best running car - pump the gas twice when cold, set the choke, turn the key - VROOM ! drive away with no stumble, hesitation or anything ! . . .

For those that don't want thier TQ's you can send them my way !!!

Cheers

Mark