Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No way it wore the intake cam lobes only,and exactly .038"-.042". My bet is that during lash the intake lobes were not positioned at the base circle of the cam when lashed.
Doug

entirely possible. My lsa is 198 and i adjust them by popping the starter to intake closing- adjust exhaust. exhaust opneing- adjust intake. so im never on exact same place. Maybe I need to do the rotate 90 method..... It just such a pita with the 1/2" drive socket and ratchet down there and doing it from the top.

how do you all turn your motors over? from the top or the bottom? (I guess most of you all dont have a big honkin clutch fan in the way like I do)

well if that is the way you adjusted it it is very possible you were not on the bottom of the lobe. Do the 90* method. I usually turn the motor over from the bottom because for me it is easier. See what works for you.

I could be wrong and I probably am, but isn't the 90Degree method the least accurate when it comes to these performance cams. I know on my last couple using the 90degree was way off. The last two cam profiles I had I was adjusting the intake when the exhaust just opened and I adjust the exhaust when the intake goes fully open and just starts to close.