Along with all that, the length of the control arms will affect your roll center/instant center, etc, etc.

My Holden Torana, which use a triangulated 4 link from the factory have been road raced since day one and have been rung out every way you can think of in every sort of class from stock suspension to modified. Everyone who can goes to a 3 link (most often) with a watts link. Doesn't have the binding issues the triangulated 4 link does.

Very stiff bushing used in the control arms makes it worse as well, for when it comes to the binding issues and various stresses. Adding a panhard bar on (as some people have done) adds yet another binding point. (but people do it to help with side to side movement of the diff still even with the triangulated setup)

Just guessing the length of the arms in the lynx setup were optimized for packaging in the car and not maybe ideal for handling and what not.

That all said, I run the stock setup in mine (all though with boxed lower arm and adjustable length uppers that use rebuildable spherical end (the old Edelbrock ones actually) and it all is pretty good for what it is.