Originally Posted By momopar
Originally Posted By lewtot184
stock iron or 6pak. you could use a taller 4bbl intake if you cut down the air cleaner base.

6 pak is pretty tall?

No doubt that is why all the A-12 cars got a fiberglass hood eh?

I have read in the past a steet dominator has worked, I have the original oval 440 base which I have read is a bit lower than the 383 base since the RB is ~.700 taller?

Really don't want to go with the lift off hood, but it sure would open up options.

No, the the A12 cars did not get the fiberglass hood because of the height of the 6pk.

A 6pk setup fits fine under the ramcharger hood with the air cleaner that was used on the 1970 and 71 6pk cars. I had that setup on my 69 Road Runner with the factory air grabber setup.

You need to be VERY careful when using anything NOT FACTORY STOCK HEIGHT under the factory hoods. There is/was a member, NASBackyard, that had/has a 69 Roadrunner that he put a 440 in and wanted to run an Alum 4bbl. manifold. I suggested to him than he could use the Ebrock CH4B as it was an NHRA allowed replacement manifold in Stock Class. He put it on with an unmodified 440 oval air cleaner assembly and it dimpled his hood from the under side. Come to find out the CH4B carb pad is about a 1/2"ish taller than the stock iron intake.

Unless someone has ACTUALLY used the Street Dominator, on a 440, in a ramcharger hood equipped car like you own, with a factory unmodified 440 spec oval air cleaner, you should NOT take their word as gospel ...

You have been WARNED ...

running up my post count some more .