Originally Posted By Moparteacher
For reference. I'm putting a 452 together right now using a factory 3.75 440 crank. Because I have parts laying about. I took .120 off the counterweights with a lathe, and still had to heavily bevel the edges and grind the block for clearance.

Using a 1.12 CH Icon piston(IC827-granted, super light) and a Manley 6.965 hemi rod(heavy thing like 960 gms IIRC), the bobweight is just over 2320grams, I have to take over 180 gms off the crank on both ends still.

A 1.200 inch piece(what commonly fits in BB cranks) of 1 inch diameter Mallory adds something like 120gms gain to a crank. I'm at home of else I'd actually look. 6 pieces is roughly +300gms on either end. I find that incredibly hard to believe on a wedge build...any wedge build.

I think you got sodomized by the guy balancing that crank, or maybe they went crazy when turning the CW's. S/F....Ken M

We figured were gonna have to take .150 to clear. I sure hope cause Im having a hard time finding a machinist who wants to do it. They all seem scared to make the cut. I told them all its no big deal, I wish I had a lathe good enough cause I would do it myself but the one I have access to is way to outa spec and would sing like a canary if I chucked it up.

Last edited by Moparnut426; 07/09/16 10:43 AM.