Hi all,

I am looking for cam suggestions, but my criteria are a little different than usual.

I'm building a 505 stroker (4.25" stroke) that will be going into a 4000lb car, 2.88 rear diff, and probably about 2000rpm stall. 10:1 CR.
One thing I need is to have decent vacuum and only a very mild lope (would prefer something very subtle.)
I'm looking for something in a hydraulic roller cam.

The motor is going into a luxury GT car (a Jensen Interceptor) and I want to keep it that way...so no radical cams. Needs decent vacuum to operate the HVAC system and power brakes. I guess that 15" vacuum would be about the minimum I would want. I've had a few cars with hotter than stock cams that had about 15" of vacuum and they always sound just right (you can hear that it is not stock, but it's still very subtle) and had plenty of vacuum to operate accessories.
So this will definitely be more of a low rpm torque motor with peak HP somewhere between 5000-5500.

This might never make it to a track, so I am not looking for the fastest possible 1/4 mile time, but I do not want to leave too much on the table, either. I still want to make as much power as possible, given the restraints (don't we all...)

Last edited by Interceptor72; 06/26/16 03:30 PM.