Originally Posted By moparx
i absolutely agree with your statement about using a kit with the adjustability, switches, etc. that would be the correct decision for most builds. however, with my twisted vision of how my humpback is to be, the switches, door latch mechanisms, locks, and suicide door safety locks, will be an entirely different setup to be sure. i have already sketched out several components plus their related wiring and relay systems. all this will reside just forward of the seats with the "push button conversion" box at arms reach, ala b&m mid-60's shifter box setup. as you stated, the glass channels and runs will be done first using masonite or plexiglass for the glass pattern, then go with the lift mechanisms that will fit the best. wiring the switches and relays will be a piece of cake.
beer
Other than the fact that they reside in the doors door locks and suicide safety door locks are totally separate issues with separate wiring circuits from the power window system. FYI I went with manual suicide locks (1/4 turn knob ) and wired led red lights on each corner of my dash to alert the passenger if not in use.

Fastest 300