Originally Posted By moparx
i have a couple of setups i may use in my humpback doors. both are flextrack deals. one is from the rear doors of an 84 [K car newyorker], and the other is a pair of factory replacements for a jeep liberty [i think]. i also have several other items on the shelf, but i'm not sure what they are for. my doors are like the rest of this thing..... RUSTY ! i have to replace approximately 5-6" of the bottom sheetmetal all the way around. i have a couple of different ideas what i may do, but i'm not even close to that stage. the reason i decided on flextrack units is, number one, my original crank setups were so far gone there was nothing at all to work with, and number two, i think that will give me more room at the bottom of the door for the mechanisms. oh, and the important thing is, i have zero $$ in the K car setup that only has 20k something miles, and $10 in the pair of jeep units ! biggrin since the thing is chopped, i only have about an 11 1/2" piece of glass to work with. my camera is having issues now downloading pics, so i can't take a couple to show you guys what my ideas are. hopefully, i can have that resolved in the next couple of days.
beer
Agree with your plan. Sometimes it is not worth trying to make the old stuff ( or parts of the old stuff) work. Fix the rust and start from scratch with the power window mechanisms. If you get the glass and the channels they run in installed, you are half way home. The nice thing about buying a kit is that they have infinite adjustability if you use their bottom edge glass holders. Switches, wiring, in, out, up stop, down stop all fully adjustable.

Fastest 300