After plus one year trying to fix a multitude of problems in my free time on weekends, yesterday afternoon for the first time I felt like to quit and sell the car. Before that, I’m asking again to someone for help, in no way I will take the car again to any mechanic in my town or in the whole Italy too!

the UNSOLVED problem is actually the sound of ticking on valve train,expecially when engine hot. If I pull the valve cover I see some free play pressing on rockers , like some lifters are spongy.
I tried also magnum –race lifters but these were a nightmare with the recommended almost zero preload .. I tried to increase preload to standard lifter but nothing solved ..
Oil pressure is ok , first I put Valvoline 20W50 and some lifters needed a lot of time to fill with engine cold ..so I put the Royal Purple 5W30, maybe too thin , but they pump suddenly after started engine. I wonder what is killing the ability of hydraulic lifters to do their work of maintaining zero lash in this engine.

I also tried to pull out all lifters , disassemble and clean them like were my teeth, but the problem when engine gets hot is always the same.

Really Thank you in advance.
Roberto

I Love the right cars ( Mopar) but I live in the wrong place