I can see a need/use for it, especially if working with a modified or odd ball engine.

The problem I found a couple of years ago when I set up a pretty heavily modified 283 is it’s not so much doing your home work but rather what is actually available for PVC valves. While many years ago there were a variety of valves available that were tailored to different engines, the aftermarket has pretty much taken a one size fits all approach. As the valves are all physically the same size/configuration on the outside, rather than have valves that are internally calibrated for the different engines they all use the same internals….in the case of Chevrolet calibrated for a 350. Yup they list the same valve for a 307 as they do for a 427.

I found this out while doing a Chevrolet, but I suspect you will find the same is going to also be true for Mopar and Ford engines. The adjustable valve IS a bit pricey, but if you are fighting idle or lean out issues and it traces back to the PCV valve it is a cure of a problem.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears) under construction