when those came out, i was slightly surprised at the price, but the couple of articles i have read about them, plus the company's web site info, have got me very interested. if not so much in the product, at least the concept. and as a retired machinist, it appears they are quality made as well. i can't say for sure i would stand in front of a lathe and bridgeport to "duplicate" this item[well, ok, steal this idea], the thought has crossed my mind. i did, after all, create a program to make a bunch of jets and metering rods for my thermoquads. that worked out very well ! [and no, i won't do it again, but the challenge was there, and the parts weren't] i am in no way looking to go into business. i have had enough of the "work world" and i have just too many projects of my own to complete. but just the challenge to make something instead of purchasing it sometimes is too hard to overcome. if i may ask, was it as easy to set up on your hot rod as the company claims ? do you have many miles on it to see if it "weeps" oil mist from the adjustment screws, or is heavy enough to slightly cause the same thing to happen to the valvecover grommet ? i can't remember your cam specs for your engine, but i would think the bigger the duration and overlap the cam would have, the more the engine would benefit from that style of pcv [or as you say, pvc] valve.
beer