Originally Posted By Supercuda
One point that needs mentioned. Priciest choice is no indication of best choice, unless your sole criteria for best is price.

Best choice can have many answers. Compared to the stock sound deadening on my 65 Cuda, ANYTHING is an improvement. Compared to a bank vault, they all fail.

You pick that which you are most comfortable with and that is the best choice, for you.

Self-adhesive sound deadener is only the first step in the process. If you don't utilize a secondary insulating blanket-like substance such as The Insulator, you are only doing half the job.

By the way, when I close the door on my '70, which was done with this method, it sounds like you are in a bank vault.(might as well be for as much as these cars are worth these days) This has been the description of many a person who asked if they can sit in the car at car shows.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)