Quote:

Quote:

First off let me state this for those who are not clear on this point a 5.99 in the 1/8th will be low 9.40's in the 1/4.

While I am quite sure it can be done my first question would be WHY? You are gonna need something north of 700hp and getting that from a set of factory iron heads will require a lot of money being thrown at them. The amount of money you will have to spend to achieve this woudl be better spent on better parts. I have gone 9.60's at 3050 with a set of iron heads, but I had enough can in it to go Comp racing Only so much you can get from a factory type head, so you are gonna have to make the motor think you got more by using a TON of cam. Now throw in a power adder and at least you can keep the dollar amount spent at a sane level for the return.

its just one of those things i have always wanted to try. i really dont see it being the most expensive build i have done. i already have 2 sets of 906 heads fully ported. i have built 2 500 inch indy motors in the past and i cant see it costing near that but i could be wrong. most of my friends all run either ford or chevy and they have always laughed and said mopar has the ugliest and slowest cars. i guess its crazy to try and max out a factory combo but its just a personal thing now.

you say you have the heads , build it and let us know how it works out ...