Quote:

Well feel free to throw your money away if you like. Just not a very easy pass no matter how many Benjamins you throw at it. Fully ported 906's are gonna need the kind of camshaft that kills springs in short order. 700hp with 906's is not territory many have ever entered.

Do you really have a glut of STOCK Headed non power adder chevies running those kind of numbers at that weight with stock suspensions?

lol heck no we dont have hardly any chevys around here anymore that run on motor only. i have actually outrun several of them in the past when i had my indy motor. i outweighed them and they had blowers or nitrous. i really dont see the cost difference because the short block would cost the same and after i get all i can out of the stock heads i could upgrade to the sr heads. maybe build a 400 stroker with the ported heads i have now and just see how fast it can go? i think it would probably shock most people. a good mopar friend of mine told me most people underestimate the potential of the 906 head. i know of a local racer that went from a fully ported set of 452 heads and went to pretty much ootb -1 heads and picked up a tenth after a month of tuning. he was upset and called indy and told them and they didnt believe it.