If your really going to be doing alot of welding work on your projects, you will outgrow or get tired of some of the limitations of the Eastwood welder. The first issue you will notice is the ground and gun cables are only 8' long, so the welder will have to be pretty close to where you are welding.
The Tweco multi-process machine has a 12' gun and 10' ground cable. It dosen't sound like much, but 50% longer gun makes a big difference in what you can reach to weld.
Next is the output power/duty cycle. The Eastwood welder is only 90-Amps/20% duty cycle. Compared to 180 Amps/20% duty cycle.
This will really limit the thickness of metal you can weld, and how long you can weld.
If you look at the settings chart for the Eastwood machine 12-Awg (0.105") maxes out the machine, so for those LCA stiffing plates, you will likely have the machine maxed out to weld them... and only for 2-minutes every 10-minute period.

I guess the question is how serious are you about doing the welding, it does take some practice before jumping into the work you really want to do. A friend who never welded before tried his hand at welding on a quarter panel, and after a day of making little progress he gave up and sent the car to professional bodyman.

I have to admit I started with a 125 Amp Hobart mig welder I bought 20-years ago, and it has served me well, but I still had to crank it to its highest setting when welding anything much over 1/8" thick. This welder was over $500 way back then.

Just a few months ago I bought this TIG setup smile
http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/mi...CFZKCaQodwxYEqw