Yep -we did the Mopar Muscle deal--$5k budget on parts --most HP per CI
We took a 400 with a 383 crank, Edelbrock heads, flat tappet cam and gave it a whirl--Plan was to turn it until we were doing good. We finished third in a tight race--made like 608 HP IIRC --looking back we were within reach of winners had we only turned it harder--that was my call/ my fault--it was gaining 6 HP per 100 RPM at 7400 where we cut it off--just a dumb call on my part--we had a tunnel ram hiding in a garbage bag--rules called for any production cast intake single four --we had a time limit on the dyno to do our required runs--so at the end we had just enough time to try the TR intake--hoping ( as we had not tested it) that would give us the boost we needed--so we used precious time swapping intakes--it fell off and in the video the end cylinders went so lean the header tubes on 1,2, 7, 8 went cherry red--was crazy lean on the ends--had we just opted to turn the wizzz out of it we may have done better but....we brought it home, sold it and moved on having had a great experience--Have to say the stop in Nashville on the way was the best part as we had girls with us--
Lots of fun--sold the engine so no major expense--had we destroyed it for glory then we would have not been so happy--Buying glory can get real expensive!
Great fun though!!!!!!!!!! I am pulling for you guys--I think the Real Engine Masters will be a lot tougher deal--Maybe you guys can get some REAL glory! Go for it!!!!!

Last edited by crabman173; 02/19/16 07:34 PM.